Cycle To Work Schemes
Bike 2 Work Scheme
Did you know that you could save upto 42% on the cost of a brand new bicycle and cycling equipment?
This is made possible by the Government's Green Transport Plan which not only aims to reduce environmental pollution and promote healthier lifestyles but also make cycling to work a cost-effective option for employees.
Mark Cavendish, BBC Sports Personality of the year, 2011
"it is incredible to see so many families wanting to get on their bikes, and I love to see people cycling to work"
How does it work?
1. Your employer registers with the Bike 2 Work Scheme.
2. You visit our store and make your selection and obtain a written quote.
3. You give your written quotation to your employer for authorisation.
4. Your employer provides authorisation to the Bike 2 Work Scheme.
5. Employer makes payment to Bike 2 Work Scheme as per initial written quotation.
6. Bike 2 Work Scheme issues voucher to employee.
7. You present your voucher at our store and collect your chosen bike / equipment.
8. Your Interest free monthly payments commence.
Cyclescheme is the UK's number one provider of tax free bikes for work through independent bike shops. We are very pleased to be affiliated to the scheme, and are very happy to help inform you about one of the best government tax breaks so far.
Leading providers of the Cycle To Work scheme we can supply bikes via your employer at a substantial discount.
Bicycle and Accessory Purchase
* Income tax, VAT and national insurance contributions savings can add up to 50% off the shop floor price of the bike and accessories.
* Choose from the finest range of bicycles available at our store.
* No finance charges.
* Spread the cost of commuting**.
* Enjoy the health benefits of commuting to work.
* Make your salary go further each month.
* Save on fuel, bus or train fares.
Here is a typical example which illustrates possible savings under the Cycle To Work programme. Actual savings will depend on each individual's personal circumstances and tax rate. You can use the calculator on the cyclescheme website:
How to Apply
1. Select your voucher amount. To get an idea of the value of the voucher you require, just come along to our shop. Select the bike and accessories that best suit your needs, we will be able to provide you with advice on what equipment is best for you. Our email/telephone contact details are on our website. Vouchers are available in any amount from £250 up to £1,000*. Remember the voucher amount is for the RETAIL price of the bike and accessories, you will actually end up paying much less.
2. Complete the forms. The next step is to inform the person at your work responsible for running the Cycle To Work programme of your desired voucher amount. They will fill out the necessary forms with you and order a voucher for your chosen amount.
3. Get your new bike! A voucher for your chosen amount will be delivered to your home address. You can then use this voucher to purchase your new bike and accessories with us.
4. Save and spread the costs. The amount you select is split into 12 equal parts and will begin leaving your salary before deductions in your next pay. You take advantage of the savings and spread the payments across a 12 month period with no finance charges.
*Vouchers over £1000 are also available. Please consult your employer to see if spend greater than £1000 is available to you.
Full details about the scheme can be found at www.cyclescheme.co.uk
Halfords Cycle 2 Work
Getting your bike...
- Your employer has joined Halfords cycle2work and you can now choose a brand new bike and safety accessories
- Sign up now – we will then send you log in details for the secure Halfords ordering website
- You decide how much you want to spend and apply via the secure Halfords cycle2work website
- Your employer approves your application and you can then collect your brand new bike
- You hire the equipment and fund this via a salary sacrifice making huge savings in the process
Congratulations – You can now cycle2work – SAVE MONEY, GET FIT, GO GREEN
Top reasons to get cycling...
- Regular exercise is great for fitness, de-stressing, improving your mood and keeping you healthy
- Cycle to work and arrive more alert, with higher energy levels
- Beat the traffic and the rush-hour - get to work on time and forget the parking worries
- Save money on bus/train/underground fares and on soaring fuel prices
- Be kind to the environment – cycling reduces congestion, pollution and reduces your carbon footprint
– do your bit to support sustainable transport!