The Ksyrium Pro Exalith wheels are designed to provide an exceptionally stiff, high quality wheelset that is capable of making hill climbing sections easier to conquer, whilst also providing consistently reliable stopping power.
The Ksyrium range of wheels are selected annually by amateur and expert riders when tackling some of the most difficult, steepest and highest altitude events in the world and this version of the Ksyrium Pro Exalith wheelset pays homage to these events. The ‘Haute Route’ version of this wheelset is limited to 2500 sets and has the unique 'Haute Route' graphics on the rims and tyres.
- Material: Maxtal
- Height: Front: 24mm; Rear: 26mm asymmetrical
- Joint: SUP
- Drilling: Fore
- Brake track: Exalith 2
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Valve Hole Diameter: 6.5mm
- Tyre: Clincher
- ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Recommended Tyre Sizes: 25 to 32mm
- Yksion Pro GripLink (front) & PowerLink (rear)
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 127TPI
- Breaker: Front Kevlar, Rear polyamide
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Max. Pressure: 25mm 7.7bars - 110PSI
- Material: Zicral
- Shape: Straight pull, bladed, front double butted
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminium
- Count: Front 18, rear 20
- Lacing: Front radial, rear Isopulse
- Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings
- Front Body: Carbon with aluminium flanges
- Rear Body: Aluminum
- Axle Material: Aluminium
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Tyre: 210g (700x25c)
- Pair Without Tyre: 1475g
- EXALITH 2 (High Braking Performance): The Mavic exclusive Exalith 2 technology for aluminium rims has been refined to provide a very high level of durability and braking performance in all weather conditions. Exalith 2 technology reduces braking distances by 18% in wet conditions, while keeping pad wear to normal levels. Using Exalith 2 tech not only creates a distinctive anthracite braking surface but penetrates the rim to delay wear.
- FTS-L (Force Transfer System Light): Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminium hub body.
- QRM+ (Qualité de Roulements Mavic +): Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and topped with a micro-adjustability system.
- MAXTAL: Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminium alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- POWERLINK: A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimised for rear wheel use, by minimising the rolling resistance.
- GRIPLINK: A front tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimised for front use, by offering a superior grip and extra puncture protection.
- UB CONTROL (Usiné Brut Control): The braking surfaces are precisely CNC machined.
- SUP (Soudé Usiné Process): After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- FORE: Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, and then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- ISOPULSE: The spokes are laced radially on the drive side and crossed 2 on the non-drive side to maximise drive side dish, thus providing a better spoke tension balance between left and right flanges.
- ISM 4D (Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions): An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM 4D significantly reduces weight and inertia without compromising durability. Quicker accelerations, better handling and more resistance; the right mix to make the most of any ride. The smooth profile also helps reducing aerodynamic drag.
- ZICRAL: A specific aluminium alloy that provides spokes with a higher stiffness-to-weight ratio while being stronger.