The stealth outlook and superior braking performance of this Exalith Road Wheelset is now available with a wider and light ISM4D rim.
- Material: Maxtal
- Height: Front 24mm, rear 26 asymmetrical
- Joint: SUP
- Drilling: Fore
- Brake Track: Exalith 2
- Weight Reduction: ISM 4D
- Valve Hole Diameter: 6.5mm
- Tyre: Clincher
- Internal Width: 17mm
- ETRTO Size: 622x17C
- Material: Zicral
- Shape: Straight pull, bladed, front double butted
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminium
- Count: Front 18, rear 20
- Lacing: Front radial, rear Isopulse
- Rear Body: Aluminium
- Front Body: Carbon with aluminium flanges
- Axle Material: Aluminium
- Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Yksion Pro GripLink (front) & PowerLink (rear)
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 127 TPI
- Breaker: Front Kevlar, Rear polyamide
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body
- Front Axle: Quick Release only
- Rear Axle: Quick Release only
- BR601 quick releases
- Exalith brake pads
- Multifunction adjustment wrench
- User guide
- Pair: 1475g
- Front: 630g
- Rear: 845g
- Tyre 700x25: 210g
GripLink: A front tyre must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to hold the ground and control the bike. Therefore, GripLink tyres are optimised for front use, by offering a superior grip and extra puncture protection.
- The safest grip with great steering control: Grippy tread compound and water evacuation tread pattern
- Hold the road in any situation: Light and supple high density casing
- Reduced risk of flats: Strong Kevlar anti-puncture breaker
PowerLink: A rear tyre, whether a clincher or a tubular, must fully liberate the wheel’s ability to transfer power and generate speed. Therefore, PowerLink tyres are optimised for rear wheel use, by minimising the rolling resistance.
- Superior energy transfer, reduced rolling resistance and safe grip thanks to optimised tread pattern
- Improved drive: Light and supple high density casing
- Higher durability and reduced risk of flats: Nylon anti-puncture breaker
QRM+ (Qualité de Roulements Mavic +): Mavic's most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance and topped with a micro-adjustability system.
- Tight tolerances for high rolling efficiency
- Quick adjustment according to performance goals: Precision "free" adjustment for maximum fluidity, or perfect high precision setting for all-weather rides
Exalith 2 (High braking performance): The Mavic exclusive Exalith 2 technology for aluminium rims has been refined to provide a very high level of durability and braking performance in all weather conditions.
- Braking distance shortened by 18% in wet conditions, while keeping pads wear to normal level
- Exalith treatment penetrates the alloy to delay rim wear and maintain distinctive anthracite grey colour for thousands of kilometres
- Special black Mavic Exalith 2 brake pads to ensure quiet and high braking performance and longevity (delivered with the wheels)
ISM 4D (Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions): An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM 4D significantly reduces weight and inertia without compromising durability. Quicker accelerations, better handling and more resistance is the right mix to make the most of any ride. The smooth profile also helps reducing aerodynamic drag.
- 15% lighter rim, the lowest inertia for instant acceleration, better handling and faster climbing
- Variable rim thickness optimises constraints management for more reliability
- Smoother rim profile offers better air flow which reduces drag for higher speed
FTS-L (Force Transfer System Light): Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminium hub body.
- Greater efficiency due to better transmission of efforts on the entire wheel
- Lightweight and strong hub design
Fore (Stiffer and stronger): Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside and then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- Rim is 4 times more resistant to fatigue stress
- 20% increase in the rim rigidity to maximise power transfer
Zicral (Light, stiff and strong): A specific aluminium alloy that provides spokes with higher stiffness-to-weight ratio while being stronger.
- Lighter spokes for easier climbing
- Stiffer spokes for better energy transmission
- Stronger spokes for increased durability
Maxtal (Light and strong): Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminium alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- 30% more resistant rims
- Lighter rims
SUP (Stronger and smoother joint): Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- Extremely strong rim joint
- Eliminates shuddering when braking
- Superior wheel balance
Isopulse (Optimum energy transfer): The spokes are laced radially on the drive side and crossed 2 on the non drive side to maximise drive side dish, thus providing a better spoke tension balance between left and right flanges.
- Higher stiffness under heavy loads for crystal clear energy transmission
- Better wheel stability for less maintenance