Building on the success of the award winning 2016 Marley, let me Introduce the 2017 Ragley Marley 1.0 27.5” Hardtail bike; Designed as a trail friendly bike with all mountain capabilities, the Marley is created for exploration, adventure and play. It is for people that ride with their saddle up as much as their saddle down. At home on any terrain; from tearing around your local trail centre, snaking down your local singletrack or back country adventures in the middle of nowhere; it will push your skills to new limits and beyond!
The Marley is a great value package that is ready for action straight out of the box thanks to a combination of great frameset, modern aggressive geometry and a well thought out selection of reliable components.
The Marley frameset features ISCG 05 tabs and a 44/56mm tapered head tube to keep the front stiff and low. It is made from custom butted aircraft grade 6061-T6 Aluminium tubing resulting in a frame that is lightweight and supple enough to provide comfort on longer rides whilst robust and stiff enough to take all you can throw at it.
Geometry is taken very seriously at Ragley as it is the most important part of any bike’s personality. It defines the bike and ultimately dictates the way a bike will interact with you and the trail.
Our updated trail geometry has been designed to mimic the characteristics of a modern full suspension bike but obviously without the sag at the rear. This is why our bikes seem slack when static. However once the rider is on the bike, the front suspension will sag, steepening the head angle by the desired amount.
Designed with a 65.5˚ head angle (67˚ at ride height) and a long top tube, the Marley is designed to run a short stem (Between 40-60mm) to give fine control and stability at high and low speeds, especially over rough and technical terrain. The low bottom bracket (Similar to a modern full suspension bike at Sag) and short chain stays maximise manoeuvrability, cornering, traction and playfulness whilst the steep seat angle puts the rider central on the bike ensuring climbing prowess.
The new Marley should see you climbing up, going along and flying down faster than ever before!
Frame: Custom butted 6061-T6 Heat treated aluminium
Forks: Manitou Minute Comp, 130mm Travel, 15mm Thru-Axle, Tapered Steerer
- Chainset: FSA Comet Modular 175mm 1x Direct Mount Mega Exo 32T
- Shift Levers: Sram NX 11 Speed
- Rear Derailleur: Sram NX 11 Speed Long Cage
- Cassette: Sram 1130 11 Speed 11-42T
- Chain: FSA – 11 Speed CN-1102N
- Rims: WTB STP I23, TCS, 27.5”, 32 Hole
- Front Hub: Novatec D811SB-15 Disc 100mm x 15mm
- Rear Hub: Novatec D812SB-A4S Disc Rear 135mm QR
- Front Tyre: WTB Vigilante TCS 2.3 – 27.5” – Light/High Grip Compound (Tubeless Ready)
- Rear Tyre: WTB Trail Boss TCS 2.25 – 27.5” – Light/Fast Compound (Tubeless Ready)
- Front brake: Shimano M506 Deore 180mm
- Rear Brake: Shimano M506 Deore 160mm
- Handlebars:Ragley – 740mm Wide, 15mm Rise
- Grips:Ragley Single Lock On
- Headset:FSA 57e
- Stem:Ragley – 50mm Reach, 3 Deg Rise
- Saddle:Ragley Tracker
- Seatpost:Ragley 400mm, 31.6mm
Weight: 28.85lbs (13kgs)
Colour: Blue/Acid Green