Buying a Nukeproof from 2 Wheels Only - A Long established Nukeproof retail store, our service goes much further than a typical online retailer.
Our knowledge is extensive in the range and we are always here to help you - the customer!
From concept through to design, the Kinematics, the geometry and specification; the Reactor is designed from the ground up to be the ultimate aggressive trail bike. It is at home on technical climbs, but happiest when thrashing the most technical trails you can point it at.
- The Alloy Reactor features a custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set and carbon seat stays, which help reduce the overall weight of the frameset. Critically this reduces the unsprung weight; making the suspension as active as possible.
- The Reactor is available for 27.5” or 29” wheel sizes. These are two totally different, compromise free frames that were designed and developed at the same time. Each frame is simply tailored around each wheel size.
Speed or play: which do you value more? The manoeuvrability of 27.5” or the raw speed of a 29”?
- All Reactor frames feature a “flip chip” to adjust the geometry from “Trail” to “Rail mode”.
- Trail – As the name suggests, this setting is best suited for trail riding. It is for riders who get as much enjoyment from the climb as the descents.
- Rail – The Rail setting turns the Reactor into a corner shredder, dropping the bottom bracket 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree. It is there to maximise the descending capabilities.
To ensure the bike could climb as well as it descends, we designed the 4 bar horst linkage to have higher levels of anti-squat for climbing gears but lower levels when you drop down the cassette.
This means that the bike can behave itself on the climbs but when you get it up to speed, it turns into a trail hooligan. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive rate give ultimate small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. Balanced anti-rise figures allow the Reactor some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor in on any ride.
- Reactor 275 Alloy Frame
- RockShox Pike Select + Charger 2 RC 150mm
- RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ RT
- Nukeproof Neutron V2 Wheelset
- SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- SRAM Guide RE Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- Brand X Ascend Dropper Post
- Aggressive Trail Bike
- Hydro-formed 6061 Triple-Butted Aluminium Frame
- 140mm Rear Travel
- 2 Position Trail/Rail Flip Chip, Swinglink Driven 4 Bar Horst Link Suspension, with custom tuned shock.
- 148mm Boost rear spacing
- Sizes Available: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large
GEOMETRY & SIZING
|(C) EFFECTIVE TOP TUBE LENGTH||580||610||640||675|
|(D) SEATTUBE LENGTH||381||420||458||508|
|(E) EFFECTIVE SEATTUBE ANGLE||75.5°|
|(F) SEATTUBE ANGLE (ACTUAL)||71°|
|(G) SADDLE HEIGHT AT SADDLE OFFSET||650||700||750||850|
|(H) SADDLE OFFSET AT SADDLE HEIGHT||164.71||181.03||196.99||229.25|
|(I) HEADTUBE LENGTH||110||115||120||125|
|(J) HEADTUBE ANGLE||66° |
|(K) CHAINSTAY LENGTH||430||430||430||430|
|(L) FRONT CENTRE||728||759||790||825|
|(N) BOTTOM BRACKET DROP||-18 |
|(O) BOTTOM BRACKET HEIGHT||336|
|(P) STAND OVER HEIGHT||723/721||721/725||722/730||725/737|
|(Q) FORK TRAVEL||150||150||150||150|
|(S) FORK OFFSET||46||46||46||46|
|(T) AXLE TO CROWN||545||545||545||545|
|(U) MAXIMUM SEATPOST INSERT||175||215||250||300|